The Ultimate Review Of Best Mop For Hardwood Floors 2017
It is hard but this is the truth that all floors need mopping. You may not want to do and may even avoid it but in due course of time you have to. The problem arises when you decide to do it and do not which mop is best. You think to yourself, who even thinks about a mop?
Fact is you have to think about a mop as that should be suitable for the surface that needs cleaning. Why do you need to think so much about such a trivial thing? The point is, choosing right will clean the floor efficiently and will also reduce your effort. In the same way, gorgeous looking wooden floors need a lot of maintenance and there is no way you can dodge that. In fact, reading about Best Mop for Hardwood Floors can leave you startled.
Read this post till the end to get a thorough knowledge of keeping up such floors intact.
**Below, you'll see more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices and read customer's reviews on Amazon.
How To Choose The Best Mop For Hardwood Floors?
Again, don’t just slip into a slumber that makes you dream of no one would care for a mop. Of course, people do and there is a lot to think about while choosing a mop for hardwood floors. You should get the right mopping tool for the best results. Juts bear this in mind that cleanliness is the foundation that you need to focus on.
Gone are the days, when mops used to make a mess more than they would clean by shedding. Mop manufacturers have progressed by leaps and bounds. With so many variations in the mop heads like synthetic, microfiber, lamb’s wool, reusable and disposable, you will be left confused. So, let us discuss some latest versions that are considered the best mop for wood floors:
These mops have been around for years and you may be thinking that there is nothing new to share about them. Sorry to disappoint you, but there are so many things about the modern mop that need to be discussed in a surprising way. Here they are:
- These days flat mops have shed the weight making it easy for the user to work with
- They are available with all kinds of mop heads disposable and reusable
- It can clean more effectively
- Is easy to handle
- Are ideal for daily use
- Can scrub off the floor with ease
Microfiber mops are a revolution that has taken over the mop industry with a clean sweep. Why would you choose a microfiber mop? That has been answered very clearly in the following discussion with precision:
- These mops make the best hardwood floor mop because they need limited water for clean
- In general, these mops do not even require much of soap solution for cleaning as they are self sufficient
- If you are in a hurry, you will notice that it glides graciously and has been reported that it is quite capable of killing 99% of germs, dirt and grime at once
- You can use a microfiber mop for faster and superior cleaning experience
- These are easy to maintain
- You can even replace mop heads once they wear out
- It can clean as well as polish the floor at the same time
- These mops do not drip
- Most of these mops are affordable
- Moreover, these are eco friendly mops
Needless to say, it is name suggest, which means the head that is filled with water tank to produce steam. These are expensive mops as they run on electricity and need to be worked with caution but are deliberated as the best way to clean hardwood floors. Some pointers in favor of these mops:
- Highly efficient
- These mops can disinfect and clean at the same time
- Most of these mops have reusable heads
- Run with a trigger that can spray the steam evenly on the floor
- Use of steam makes it hygienic
What To Check Before Buying The Best Mop For Wood Floors?
There are a lot of features that you should check before buying a mop and that has been discussed in details in here. However, one thing that stands out is the fact that you should do your own research as well before investing in a mop, especially while looking for the best mop to clean hardwood floors.
Things like brand name, fabric you prefer for the floor you have (assuming hardwood in this case) and the climate you live are a few of the deciding factors in addition to:
- Durability of the mop which certainly depends on the construction, like opting for a stainless steel built will be considered a better choice
- Hardwood floors need special care and only a strongly built mop can provide that as it can take all the pressure of doing it in all possible ways
- Mention has to be made about the material of the mop head, that if is microfiber can clean more resourcefully
- Make sure the mop is adjustable as this will save you back from getting hurt while mopping
- We would advise you to buy a reusable mop that can last you for long as all it needs is the head to be replaced and nothing more
The Best Mop for Hardwood Floors - Top 10 Reviews
This section is more dedicated to the mops that actually make up for the best mops for cleaning hardwood floors. We have based this selection on the basis of the names that are either very popular, have a brand value or are most sought after. Here is a list that you can take to be your reference point:
This flat mop can clean almost any kind of floor from hardwood, bamboo to laminated ones. You name it and it can sterilize them all with its quick cleaning properties. This can last long as the head can be replaced and if kept dirt free, it will give you more than one reason to reinvest in anything from the house of Scotch-Brite.
By the way, this is regarded as the best solution for hardwood floors because of blended microfiber cloth. It can disinfect the floor and make it dust free within minutes of use. There are a few more things that go into its favor like:
- Can pick up dirt and grime very resourcefully
- It uses simple technique of lifting and trapping dirt quite capably
- Thought to be ideal one for families with pets as it can mop up pet hair easily
- The head is washable
- It is reusable
- Is super light in weight
- Safe to use as it does not bear a lot on your back
- Very helpful for families with kids as this can keep the floors sanitized
- It uses gliding motion for cleaning that ensures dust does not escape into the air
- Easy to maintain which is why it has been dubbed as one of the best mop hardwood floors.
- Sotch-Brite is a brand that needs no introduction when we speak about performing household chores but it’s green color can be a distraction. Again, mop handle is not sturdy, but you need to know how to use it. We gave it up as we found it is a genuine product with all the research.
O-Cedar Dual Action Microfiber Flip Mop is a wonder for hardwood floor and undoubtedly most would agree with this. It has a unique way of attracting dirt because it can be used for dry dusting and then wet cleaning. Isn’t that incredible?
Moreover, it is easy to flip because of the Velcro that makes all this possible. It can be washed by hand or in the machine for 100 times at least. It requires a change once in 6 months and the replacements are easy to find. All this makes it the best mop to clean wood floors without any doubts.
- Super easy to clean
- It glides elegantly picking up the finest and sturdiest of dirt, dust and grime
- It is good for getting rid of pet hair too
- Smart use of both chenille and microfiber makes a lot of sense
- You can dust clean as well as wet clean with one single mop
- The handle is 18 inches long
- Saves your back from getting stressed
- The mop head can rotate 360 degrees
- It is a eco friendly
- The point is, you need to follow the instructions before you start with it. There is a tendency of the mop head coming off. Do not lift the mop from the ground and you can see how smoothly it works. Otherwise, you will not be able to any problem with this product which was a concern for us as reviewers as well.
This eco friendly mop from the house of O-Cedar has been designed only for hardwood floors and this mop is certainly the best mop for hardwood. The microfiber cloth leaves no dirt, dust or grime behind and makes the floor shine after a round of thorough cleaning.
You can even use terry cloth head if you want as they are readily available as regular refills, besides the microfiber cloth. It is way better than a traditional mop and is deemed as a must for hardwood floor owners. It can reach tight spots because of its broad head quite easily. There is more to this product like:
- Microfiber cloth makes it cleaning a breeze
- Flat mop with broad head
- Is a real time saver because the broad head can mop a large area at one go
- It is light in weight
- The swivel handle reduces the stress on your back
- Can be used for dry as well and wet cleaning
- Refills are easy to get
- Just wash it to keep it clean
- Can be washed by hand or in machine for 100 times
- The mop head to be too broad and it may come with flatter option as well but it’s purely user mentality and how the manufacturer takes care of it. There is no major problem that can be genuinely found about this mop in the least.
This is a premium mop from Bona that has gives no scope to people to complain. This is like those products that are so popular, for which writing review becomes inevitable. Speaking of which brings us to say that it was no easy writing this review of the Bona Microfiber because it is a well known product and people it very well.
Honestly, this mop makes cleaning child's play because of the microfiber and its ergonomic design. Since microfiber does not drip and cleans with finesse, it is believed to be the best for hardwood and bamboo floor owners.
- Simple but is based on a functional design which is why it gets featured as the best wood floor mop
- Comes with a telescopic handle
- The is handle quite sturdy
- The fabric of special blend
- Is accessorized with a cleaning and a dusting pad
- Can be easily washed
- Picks up dirt effectively
- It is versatile because you can use mops of your choice with this
- Reasonably priced mop for your costly hardwood floor
- Handle can break easily with added pressure, but we would like to add here that it is up to you to handle it. If you are a rough handler and you put all your might on the mop, then it bound to break. Hinges used to be made of plastic. Now, at this price what can people expect to get, gold nuggets for hinges? Questions are answers in themselves and we do not need to expand on this. All we will like to state is that there are no major defects with this product and you can go ahead with your buying plans if any.
The mops pads are judged as one of the best mop for wood floors because it is made up of commercial grade microfiber. You can use to clean hardwood, laminate and even tile. It cleans like a professional, can make sweeping a snap and makes mopping fun.
Interestingly enough, you can order the refills online as you don’t have to run around for them anymore. It truly makes a valuable tool for janitorial housekeeping services. What matters is that this mop comes with a lifetime warranty and the manufacturer is ready to replace it whenever it breaks or even wears out. This most certainly sounds like one of the best hardwood floor mop cleaner. It has more it like:
- This is a wonder mop because it can access hard to reach places very easily
- It has an aluminum handle that can reach up to 5 feet making it possible cleaning tops shelves a cinch
- Swivel head can turn 360 degrees
- Its built confirms its durability
- Nonetheless, is light in weight
- This does not require assembling
- Can mop dry and wet as per your requirement
- Can sweep very neatly and can mopping like a pro
- Is inexpensive and that makes a lot of difference
- The only problem that people may have faced is with the instructions manual. This cannot be a ground of discarding a product. Nothing much can be talked against it as it is an authentic mop. It performs pretty well and the reviews speak for it.
6. LINKYO Professional Microfiber Floor Mop - 3 Mop Pads and Extension Included
If you are looking for a reliable and durable for regular use, then the LINKYO Professional Microfiber Floor Mop can be the product for you. It includes 2 reversible microfiber mop pads and 1 usual microfiber pad. This makes the deal all the more lucrative because the asking price is not that high.
In addition to this, it must be added that this mop is accompanied with an extension of 70 inches that means maintaining the high and deep corners will not be that difficult. It is extremely light in weight around 2.4 pounds and the 360 degrees rotation makes this mop a favorite of many. It has more features that you can admire it for like:
- Smart looking mop
- Very easy to operate
- Also does not take a toll on your health
- The frame is built with aluminum and high grade of plastic
- It is strong enough to last long
- The use of microfiber ensures supreme cleaning
- Product has a 2 year guarantee
- It does not clean properly if not taken care properly, but shouldn’t your cleaning skill be put to test for that? Handle seems to be flimsy. To them all we want to say is that they should first know how to handle a mop. There is nothing very grave to be complained about this mop as well.
The best part using these smart microfiber mops is that there is no need to carry a bucket with you while cleaning. You can simply wash them and continue with your cleaning. The best product to clean wood floors certainly would do that and this 18" Professional Microfiber Mop is nothing different.
This is considered to be blessing for hardwood, laminate, stone and tile floors. It just cleans within minutes and the adjustable handle makes your life easier. The aluminum frame makes it strong and it picks up the finest of dust in a sweep. Here are some interesting features that will bowl you over:
- Superior quality mop
- Can deep clean in minutes
- Is good for picking up pet hair
- Expect q quick cleaning
- The handle can be raised from 4 feet to 6 feet quite easily
- It comes with two free microfiber pads
- Can be washed in the machine or by hand as per your choice
- Refills can be found effortlessly at nearby stores or with leading online merchants
- It is little heavier for non-regular user. We would advise reading the manual before using the mop. Not all can do that and as for those who can will follow the manual and keep the clean for a better experience.
Speaking of no bucket, this one happens to be a bit different than the rest and indubitably, stands out from its peers. The bucket is just a reminder of what literally hands free mopping is all about. This is the biggest reason why this mop has won over a million hearts and has been dubbed as the best mop for wood floors.
You can clean without having to worry about your hands getting dirty or constantly wet the cloth while cleaning. This feature marks it as a distinctive product and takes it ahead of all its competition. This microfiber mop is indeed a much sought after product because of this and more like:
- It deep cleans and removes the sturdiest of dirt with a simple sweep
- The bucket has a built in wringer
- The bucket is made up high grade plastic
- The hard-wearing pedal is easy to press
- It gives you the leverage to control the moisture of the cloth
- Refills are easy to get
- The bucket is large and eats up a lot of space. For all those of us who live in small apartments unquestionably know how to save and make space. Can we expect you to know about this skill? The fact is it is one the best mop hardwood floors is true.
9. LINKYO Spin Mop Bucket System - Microfiber Mop with Easy Wringer Bucket
The LINKYO Spin Mop Bucket System asks you to bid goodbye to the traditional mops that litter the place more than cleaning it. This is premium mop that has a powerful stainless steel handle that does not bear the load on your back. It has been designed with state of the art technique that takes the load off your back. It is accompanied with a bucket with wheels that is equally easy to be carried around.
It is needless to say that the wheels swivel 360 degrees and has a washer with great strength inside it. It has a drain plug that makes pumping out the dirty water an effortless task.
- The green and black combination makes it look bright
- It comes with an 11.8 inches extension and some more accessories
- The wheels rotate quite conveniently
- The handle is rust free
- It can be used for dusting and mopping
- The microfiber cloth is electrostatic which means it can attract a lot more dirt than you can think of
- Comes with a 2 year guarantee
- There is an opportunity to build of better plastic, but how good the plastic should be if you are putting your entire body weight and testing? You need to put a certain weight on mops to make them work efficiently. This is a genuine mop and bucket set that makes up for one of the best dust mop for hardwood floors.
This mop and bucket is a classic set that can make cleaning a simple task. There are so many things that together work and make this a good product. Things like Spin Cycle that has been patented to control the moisture in the cloth, built in washer and a mop with wheels to save your back are a few of them. There is a soap dispenser and the refills are really affordable.
All that should suffice to make it one of the best product to clean hardwood floors. This for sure is a quality product that can last you long with little care.
- This looks amazingly stunning with the black and yellow combination
- Comes with 56 inches extension which means cleaning windows is not far away
- The patented spinning guarantees easy use
- The handle is made up of stainless and has a 1 year warranty
- Is light in weight
- Easy to move around because of the wheels
- It can soak up spills very effectively
- Cleans without leaving marks
- The whole mop set has a warranty of 1 year
- Truth is, it is expensive and in fact the one with patented technology is bound to be. There few products that are authentic and the Mopnado Stainless Steel Deluxe Rolling Spin Mop is definitely one of them. Other than this, there is hardly any complain to be made.
Hands down, getting to know about the Best Mop for Hardwood Floors could be exciting and instructive. Now, that you know so much about this you should be able to find the right one that suits your needs for sure. All you need is to focus on the right fabric, type and technique of cleaning.
Floors will get dirty and you will have to mop them, this is the basic thing, but what stands out is your expertise of maintaining the floor in the best possible ways. Hence, our advice would be never settle for low cost mops that may damage your precious hardwood floor forever. Remember, if you want to pass your house with the same floor to your grandkids, then you have to take care of it now!